||Guardians of the Grid
- Arell Chapman, Cooperative Director/VP of Information Technology, Gleaner Life Insurance
- Damon Crozier, SCADA Programmer, Wolverine Power Cooperative
- Doug Snitgen, Executive Vice President, MECA
- Mike Youngs, Director of Business Security, Great Lakes Energy
Cyber-security is dominating conversations in the media, in Washington, D.C., and here at home. Learn what the State of Michigan, cooperatives, and directors are doing to protect the grid from cyber threats.
||Planning for the Future: Michigan’s Economy and the New Regulatory Environment
- Patrick L. Anderson, Principal & CEO, Anderson Economic Group
Take a look at how Michigan’s economy has changed in recent years and where it is going amidst a changing regulatory environment.
||The Rubber Hits the Road
- Britta Gross, Director of Advanced Vehicle Commercialization Policy, General Motors
- Sam Hogg, Director of Business Origination, Wolverine Power Cooperative
- Robert Jackson, Manager, Michigan Energy Office
- Brian Levin, Director, ChargePoint
Explore electric vehicles and charging adoption in Michigan and its impact on Michigan’s electric cooperatives.
||Lunch & Ballot Ballet
- Bill Ballenger, Owner/Publisher of The Ballenger Report
- Steve Mitchell, Chairman, Mitchell Research & Communications, Inc.
Fill up on lunch and the latest information on November’s ballot proposals and races impacting Michigan’s co-op footprint.
- Tony Anderson, General Manger, Cherryland Electric Cooperative; Michigan NRECA Board Representative
Tony Anderson, Michigan NRECA Board Representative, provides an update on key initiatives and news from NRECA.
- Zach Anderson, Vice President of Power Supply, Wolverine Power Cooperative
- Eric Baker, President & CEO, Wolverine Power Cooperative
- Pat O’Loughlin, President & CEO, Buckeye Power
- Mike Steﬀes, President & CEO, ACES
Look back at Michigan’s record-breaking summer and its impact on load, capacity, and market performance.
- Craig Borr, President & CEO, Michigan Electric Cooperative Association
Michigan’s cooperative and municipal electric utilities have a rich history of working together on operations to restore storm work, protect each other with safety training, and prepare the linemen of the future. Learn about MECA’s key collaborations over the past year and what it means for Michigan.
||Wolverine Strategic Update
Eric Baker, President and CEO of Wolverine Power Cooperative, will share an update on Wolverine’s strategic focus and direction.
A reception will be hosted from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. Anyone remaining in Grand Rapids for Wednesday trainings or sessions is invited to enjoy refreshments and light hors d’oeuvres in the JW Marriott’s Salon C/D.